SHOP Philosophy Hope In A Jar Night redefines night creams


I fall in love with this new night cream from Philosophy the more I use it.

The last time I tried a Philosophy moisturiser, Hope In a Jar, was in the late 90s when it was first launched in Singapore. In my late 20s with dehydrated skin back then, the day cream was just like any regular moisture I had used. However I sat up, when I was told that Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night intense retexturizing moisturizer would leave me looking refreshed the next morning even if I had only slept for four hours the night before.


Here’s my personal experience.

REVIEW
I love the soft and light texture of this silky cream which was spreads out evenly on my skin and does not leave any oily film on the skin as with traditional rich night creams. After slathering on the cream the first time round, I didn’t feel any tingling effect, but found that the cream seem to disappear very quickly as it leaves my skin comfortable. The day after the first use, I thought the enlarged pores on my cheeks were somewhat smaller. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, so I made a point to take note of my skin texture the day after using this cream a second and third time. 


HOW DOES IT WORK?
New Hope In A Jar Night Intense retexturizing moisturizer works with a patented qusome delivery system that gently boosts penetration of active ingredients into the skin. Its main active ingredients glycolic acid retexturises skin as it plumps the appearance of fine lines and evens out skin tone while the Beta Glucan strengthen skin’s natural cellular defense.

In clinical tests on 48 participants with signs of ageing, it was observed that after one night of use, 92 per cent of them felt that their skin was softer and comfortably hydrated. And after two weeks of use, 90 per cent of them showed diminished fine lines.

the beautiful decor at the presentation
VERDICT
After my first few uses of Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night intense retexturizing moisturizer, I find that my complexion gradually becomes smoother and brighter as skin texture seems more refined with less obvious pores. It is also less saggy and puffy with water retention after a week of use. Even on days when I had disturbed sleep, my skin didn’t appear tired and rough the next day. My complexion is definitely more refined and toned since starting on this cream. It took a little longer for the ultra dry skin on my forehead to be less dry as the fine lines fade just a little over the one week of use, though. 

On the days that follow, I find that it takes less time to apply my foundation and, the finish has improved and it seems to last longer than before.

Indeed Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night gives new definition to night creams. It is ideal for women with dull skin, poor blood circulation and who have irregular sleep hours. 

I wouldn’t mind receiving another bottle of this for Christmas.

Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night is priced at S$64, 60ml at Bugis Junction #01-16, Tangs Orchard and all Sephora Singapore outlets.




1 comment:

  1. Looks worth the while to try it out. Think i will try after i have finished using my present night cream.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your topic related comments/responses to contests. Thank you.