YOUTHFUL WINTER WITH YSL

Hands up if you can't leave home without your skincare!

Before I headed off to Korea, I checked with some friends in the beauty arena about what they would use on their trips there.

Staff from YSL recommended using their FOREVER YOUTH LIBERATOR NIGHT CREME in the day to nourish and protect my skin from the drying winter air. So a bottle was sent to me. What comes next is how it has been a blessing to me.

Weather: Winter 1°C
Skin type: Dry and clogs easily
Skincare I use in the day and night: YSL FOREVER Youth Liberator Serum with YSL FOREVER Youth Liberator Night Creme.

My Experience
On cold winter days, the scent of this wonderful skincare keeps my relaxed and happy with its pleasant scent warm floral whiff. The cream leaves a light veil on my skin protecting it from the drying winter breeze as I explore the city. I also love the glow that radiates through my CC Cream. So here you have a radiant and happy tourist.

Of course I won't step out of the hotel without smoothing on my CC cream and enhancing my features with light makeup, I'm after all in a city with the highest percentage of plastic surgery done per capita in the world.

And at night, after a thorough cleansing, I make sure I slap on this anti-ageing serum and moisturiser (a little less than the day's portion) so that my skin is nourished and moisturised during my rest. The scent of the range is said to enhance to sleep and slept well I did till day break. Bliss.



Tip: For those of us living in the tropics, the general recommendation is to use night cream from our existing skincare range in the day when travelling to destinations experiencing colder climates. This is because the drier winter or autumn air requires a richer moisturiser to keep skin from becoming dry, tight and uncomfortable in the cold.



The Good Derived from Glycobiology
This anti-ageing skincare range is made possible as a result of Glycobiology, leading to the discovery of Glycanactif complex, which makes this range all the more important to use in drying climates. As we know weather changes and dry air cause our skin to age faster and I wouldn't want any new fine lines to appear on my skin. 


Why is YSL FOREVER Youth Liberator great?

According to L'Oreal laboratories, the three glycans in the complex boost skin regeneration (also think more collagen being produced), leaving skin firmer and more youthful with reduced visible lines and wrinkles. 

Want to know more? Try to follow me through this science maze:


Glycans exist naturally on cells surface and between cells in the human body, but diminish with age. So pertaining to skin, the younger one is there are more glycans in skin, which explains its youthful firmness and smoothness. This means that skin becomes dull and, lines and wrinkles start to appear when the quantity of glycans in skin drops as one ages. So with YSL FOREVER Youth Liberator range, the Glycanactif complex content boosts skin's youthful functions.  


Still with me? Here's what you'll want to know:
Within the range, YSL FOREVER Youth Liberator Serum has the highest concentration of the potent Glycanactif complex to rejuvenate skin intensively. It will help you see results faster. Maybe that is why my skin glows the moment I smooth one the serum and even more so with the cream :) 

The Scent: On smoothing the serum or night cream, I detected discreet floral and woody notes. They are from ingredients like red tea, cherry blossom, gray amber and white musk which soothe and calm the senses and perhaps promote relaxation.

If you wish to see less obvious wrinkles, use the range for at least a month to see if it works for you. YSL laboratory research reveals that using the serum and cream for a minimum of one month would leave skin smoother, firmer with less obvious lines. Check it out for yourself.

WHY BLOG ABOUT SKINCARE FOR WINTER?

On one of my trips in autumn, my skin felt extremely tight after stepping out of my hotel room. That was when I realise I could no longer get away with an emulsion in dryer climates. Since then packing the right skincare that not clog my skin for my travels becomes a first thought

Note also that when skin is not adequately moisturised, cold wind can cause windburn leaving skin irritated and sometimes itchy with bumps. Makeup can't conceal that. 

So for this trip to Seoul, I brought two sets of skincare to try out and give a report.


So what do you nourish your skin with in dry and cold climates?

All comments on use of YSL product are purely from using the product. Product information are from L'Oreal and YSL websites.

NOTE: ANY MISTAKES MADE IS PURELY ACCIDENTAL AND UNINTENDED.




1 comment:

  1. Order a Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and SAVE BIG!
    * Up to 10 shades whiter in days!
    * Professional Results Are Guaranteed.
    * As good as your dentist, for a fraction of the cost.
    * Same as dentists use.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your topic related comments/responses to contests. Thank you.